Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $150000 per Year
Experience Desired: 6 - 8 Years
Last Update: Aug 13, 2019 07:31:36 PM
Full Job Description:
Job Title: Software Product Engineer
Location: Bethesda, MD
The leading provider of dynamic management systems for next generation satellite payloads is seeking a Software Product Engineer. Sophisticated communication satellites with channelization and beam forming capabilities promise satellite operators and their customers extraordinary flexibility and newfound complexity.
As a Software Product Engineer, you will provide leadership and in-depth technical expertise, working with the executive program / technical leadership to manage the technical aspects of one of our large software products for our next generation of satellite communications software management and optimization systems. You will be responsible for the full product lifecycle from inception through elaboration, implementation, and transition.
If you are a creative thinker with outstanding technical, integration and management skills who enjoys collaborative cross-team and customer engagement, join our team developing next generation, satellite resource management optimization solutions.
- Envision the operational concept for the new software product or capability enhancement of existing products.
- Collect and prioritize industry and unique customer requirements based on technology trends, customer needs, and business strategy.
- Develop a product requirements document to include UML use cases, activity diagrams, and user interface / user experience mock-ups.
- Translate product requirements into a product design and development strategy.
- Guide the product development adhering to the product strategy and requirements.
- Support the product assessment for performance, problem resolution and enhanced capabilities.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in algorithm development and optimization
- 2 - 5 years of experience in software product development
- Background in engineering, communications system modelling or satellite systems including ground and payload design and operation
- Familiarity with multiple languages, including C++, Java, Python desirable
- Familiarity in software product development on Linux, Windows and Web platforms desirable
Bachelors or greater in Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related technical degrees with demonstrated experience in satellite communications / RF engineering, optimization algorithms, and/or related fields.
Candidates must have a proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with the vision for how to define, design, integrate and test products within complex, system of systems implementations. Strong communication and writing skills are an absolute must. Candidates must also be self-motivated and self-managing of their workload and deliverable deadlines, and be experienced in leading others to do the same.
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
To apply for this position please submit an MS Word doc of your resume and put in the subject "Job ID # 1950".
Company Type: Staffing Firm
Contact Name : Denise Lidell
Contact Phone: 8585608331
Contact Email :
Number of Views: 58