Full Job Description:
Scope of Position:
Position will serve as an electrical controls resource for Winding and Automation equipment support group in Corning’s Concord, NC facility. Main responsibility is to ensure that complex manufacturing equipment and processes meet daily production requirements in terms of safety, quality and, reliability. Monitor process attributes daily, initiate and verify responses throughout the support chain. Participate in synchronization efforts by actively receiving new technology and processes. Seek out and implement cost reduction opportunities. Required to be versed in various controls platforms and electrical engineering principles.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide high quality electrical and process support for a fast-paced 24 x 7 manufacturing environment.
• Track daily production/quality metrics and plan reactionary measures as needed.
• Own performance of key attributes: develop and maintain tracking tools, report out on daily discrepancies, and manage long term performance.
• Extensive experience with various electrical and machine control systems.
• Equipment and process troubleshooting skills.
• Work closely with support technicians to resolve equipment issues.
• Provide incremental training on new equipment or process changes as needed.
• Ensure all equipment and processes are safe to operate. Understanding of NEC and other pertinent safety codes.
• Ability to work across various functional groups daily to accomplish goals: Operations, IT, Facilities, Project Engineering, QE, etc.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 8-5 M-F
Required Education (minimum required for consideration):
• B.S. Electrical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience: (minimum required for consideration):
• 1-5 years equipment/controls experience in manufacturing
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
• Experience with Allen Bradley or similar controllers and associated hardware including: PLC and I/O devices, motion control, various communication protocols, field wiring and disconnect devices.
• Ability to generate, debug and modify PLC code – both ladder logic and structured text.
• Knowledge of IEC-1131 programming methodology, closed loop control systems and PID tuning.
• Sound understanding of AC/DC electrical theory, and practical application thereof.
• Experience with various electro-mechanical devices such as; servo motors, valves, sensing devices, and conveyors.
• Experience with industrial vision systems and scanning devices.
• Ability to generate and interpret electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
Desired Skills (These are skills that would be nice for candidates to possess):
• Experience with Fanuc robots and teach-pendant programming.
• Knowledge of Beck Hoff Twin cat.
• Self-starter able to exceed expectations with a minimal amount of Supervision.
• Highly motivated with a focus on customer satisfaction and results.
• Basic understanding of project management skills.
• Seeks to identify and correct potential safety or environmental issues before they occur.
• Good problem solving skills. Ability to reach fundamental understanding.
• Working knowledge of data analysis techniques using Microsoft Excel and Access.
• Understanding of Six Sigma techniques.
• Strong written/verbal communication and overall people skills.
• Ability to participate on, or lead, project, or process improvement teams.
• Knowledge of ANSI standards, NFPA and NEC applicable Electrical Codes.
• Grounding and shielding of electrical systems
• Ensure safety procedures, such as Lock-Out Tag-Out, are followed always.
• Understand regulations applicable to area of expertise and works to ensure compliance.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.
Apply online at: