Full Job Description:
PICO National Network
Location: Washington, DC
Position: Online Organizer
PICO National Network is the largest grassroots, faith-based organizing network in the United States, working with 1,000 religious congregations in more than 200 cities and towns through its 60 local and state federations. PICO seeks to transform communities, states and our nation by training grassroots leaders to advocate on their own behalf on a pro-family economic agenda.
PICO is organizing a strategic faith voice across this country that advocates on racial and economic justice issues such as health care, immigration, affordable housing, and revenue. The PICO National Network has a small and dynamic national staff which functions out of various offices around the country.
The Online Organizer is based in the DC Communications and Marketing Team and is responsible for developing and executing PICO’s online organizing and fundraising strategy. The Online Organizer leverages digital media (including email, social media, web sites, blogging, etc.) to advance PICO’s national campaigns on immigration, health care, racial justice, bank accountability and education. This position works closely with the fundraising, communications and organizing staff to develop integrated approaches that deliver results on multiple objectives.
• Work with cross-departmental colleagues (especially national campaign organizers and the Individual Giving Coordinator) to develop a plan and the tactics for consistent and concerted online mobilization, fundraising and new-constituent acquisition. Lead implementation through writing, editing, and production.
• Develop an organizational email strategy. Create and manage email campaigns, including regular outbound emails and newsletter programs.
• Serve as the organizational “email traffic controller” – developing guidelines and procedures for email communications and managing the production and launch of email communications to audiences of 200 addresses and above.
• Manage and coordinate PICO’s social media presence, working closely with cross-departmental colleagues to meet organizing goals, increase engagement, and grow online following.
• Work in collaboration with the Individual Giving Coordinator on planning and executing 3-4 multi-channel fundraising campaigns annually. Proactively suggest online fundraising opportunities appropriate to breaking conditions.
• Work in collaboration with the Individual Giving Coordinator in developing a monthly giving program.
• Write and edit emails and web content, including fundraising appeals and gift acknowledgments.
• Develop and manage new online giving opportunities via social media, text messaging, etc.
• Ensure online donation systems are secure and accurate.
• Manage timely, accurate reporting of online fundraising data to finance and fund development staff.
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING TEAM
• Works with the Communications & Marketing Team to form and execute PICO's overall communications strategy
• Produces regular reports indicating progress on campaign and program goals. Develops and analyzes email, social media and web performance reports. Implements and monitors test plans.
• Trains, coaches and supports network staff and volunteers in online skills – especially email organizing using Salsa
• Stays current with new and emerging technologies and applies to PICO objectives
• Supervises technology projects as assigned, including installations, integrations, upgrades
1. Amazing online copywriting skills. Must be able to write clean, snappy copy.
2. Functional understanding of Internet technology and communication.
3. Experience with online organizing and fundraising campaigns, particularly email
4. Solid project management experience.
5. Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, email marketing fundamentals.
6. Experience with an email marketing software platform such as Convio, Salsa, Kintera, Blue State Digital, etc.
7. Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently, prioritize work effectively and work under deadline pressures.
1. Understanding of faith-based sector as a part of civil society and experience working in multi-faith contexts.
2. Experience with Salsa.
3. Experience in community or field organizing.
Salary is commensurate with experience. PICO offers a flexible schedule, full health and dental benefits, and generous vacation time. As a grassroots organization, we work with a wide range of immigrant and ethnic communities.
To apply please add this link to your browser:
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.